Sunday, February 20, 2011

Where the freeway ends~

lol this blog is LONG overdue.

ADVENTURE Of The SEASON


Omg so my friend Jeremy and I went on the adventure of the season!

A few weeks ago, we decide to change up our usual winter friday plans which usually consist of us driving aimlessly through the city and usually ending up at the mall (or anyplace warm)  and complaining about how boring KY is in the winter time because it's too cold to do anything.

But not that week! we had a PLAN! we were gonna go to the Summit, which is like a strip mall for rich people basically. However, never having ventured that far into the east end, we needed directions. no big deal, thats what the Blackberry's for.

So using my trusty blackberry, I got directions! So off we go! According to the directions we were supposed to get off exit X (dun remember all the details now lol) but of course, Jeremys like no, so we get off at exit Y.

ok....rerouting directions, we've added about 10 mins onto our trip....no big deal. So FYI the East End here is creepy! lots of gas stations, grocery stores and whatnot, then NOTHING. a bunch of hills with fancy ass houses and town homes and condos on top of them and lots of trees. We find the Street we should turn on and we turn.

the directions said to continue on Brownsboro Rd...ok, so I see a street sign  and tell Jeremy to turn. And then my GPS is like WRONG!!!!! so I'm like well turn around, this doesn't happen, we make a circle and end up in some creepy little rich people suburb with hill houses lol.. at this point I'm just laughing like a maniac because we REALLY have no idea of where we are. We turn around and find our way back to the place where we make the wrong turn and go straight!

This street that we took (which my gps says will get us there) is really windy and has woods with really rickety houses on either side, I'm just thinking that we've somehow managed to end up in the Hills with all the Hill People....




or maybe the Blue People!


ok lah..so the Blue guys not so scary looking...

But anyway, as the road continues to get narrower and windy-er (?) Jeremy starts to fuckin sneeze!

Not little sneezes, but BIG GROSS ones where snot goes everywhere! He had his nose covered, but his hand was fuckin gross!

I'm looking for tissues so he can wipe his hands on and falling all over EVERYTHING and , of course, no tissues! So Jeremy wiped his hands on a Mcdonalds bag.

Classy.

BUT!

we finally reach The Summit!

Blah, Blah, Blah the Summit was kinda lame

so we say well lets head out to the Half-Price Books on Westport, so back to the expressway, and we make it to Westport road with no fuck ups. However the Half-Priced Books on Westport, was kinda boring and they played REALLY annoying music that made Jeremy and I both more tire than we really were at the time.

after leaving that snooze-fest, we headed home..well kinda.

I told Jeremy to take 71-S back to Louisville, Jeremy says no! and we continue on the gene snyder...I reroute the GPS thinking that we have more exit options... my GPS says TURN AROUND....we dont turn around.... and I see a sign saying the freeway ends in 1000 feet.

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THE FREEWAY HAD AN END!!

so the freeway ends..and we're out in Prospect...

I have no clue about anything in Prospect.

The GPS says to get back on the Expressway, BUT OF COURSE Jeremy decides to turn down some street which is dark and creepy. We listen to Streams of Whiskey to perk up in this dire situation.


it worked for a second and we ended back up on a street that i knew! Pull the GPS back out an it tells us to get on the expressway going West...we miss the exit because some Asswipe wouldnt let us over. So we turn around in the parking lot of a liquor store.

PRAISE JESUS A LIQUOR STORE!

so inside we go! we seriously spend like an hour in the liquor store lookin for beer. after finding some, we get back on the road and make it to the expressway! sweet wonderful expressway!

we get headed in the right direction finally and to get to my house, we had to go west, Jeremy went south... granted going south will get you to my house, it's just going to take longer.

But finally I make it home! I was sooooo glad to be home after that crazy day lol



2 comments:

Stefanie said...

The expressway ending is totally scary! And you should've called me for directions, the Summit is totally easy :-) It's at the exit on the Snyder I used to work at.

Lauren Bliss said...

lol hilarious