Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Fashion MUST HAVES

To me, being grown-up meant smoking cigarettes, drinking cocktails, and dressing up in high heels and glamourous outfits.
Lorna Luft



So This post is basically ripping off  Justins post lol.

But I decided to throw together a post of my fashion must haves =] here we go:

1) Sunglasses

 I LOVE sunglasses. They're the perfect finishing touch to an outfit and they can also hide unmade up eyes or tired red eyes, ya know, when you have one of those days when your lense are just being total cunts? Not only that, but they just make you look like a total bad ass ESPECIALLY aviators.  I have an oval face so i can pull off most styles but my preference leans towards aviators and big bug eyed ones =]

2)  Tights, OTK socks and thigh highs

Maybe I'm just old school but I am a WHORE for cute hosiery. the right pair can turn a boring outfit into something amazing, plus theyre practical especially in Kentucky where the weather is so unpredictable. I used to only wear black over the knee socks (old school gal lol) but I've expanded my collection and now i own far too many pairs of thigh high stockings. Most are fishnets, a lot have backseams, some have cuban heels (so sexy) and a few have patterns, but im rock-kei~ all i need are fishnets right? lol

3) graphic tees


I love a good graphic tee. BUT i HATE HATE HATE womens fitted tees, that little fuckin half sleeve thing digs into my armpit and thats not cute. NOT CUTE I SAY! But i digress, a good tee shirt is (for me) the basis of your outfit, i start out with the shirt and the rest of the outfit has to work with it. Most of my shirts are punk inspired (union jacks, anything to do w/ rock, sex pistols), but i have a few character tees and some just have really pretty pictures of flowers lol. oh and im not even gonna front... I like Ed Hardy, Affliction and all of those other terribly gaudy brands, but as long as you're not covered in it, I think you should be ok =D


4) HIGH HEELS



I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.




I'm 5'4'. I'm short. I NEED high heels in order to function. like seriously, I own 4 pairs of tennis shoes and one pair doesnt really count because theyre boots, my other 3 pairs are a pair of baby phat tennis shoes (they were on sale for like $30), a pair of running shoes, and a pair of high top chucks. my other 20-odd pairs of shoes are heels: ankle straps, platforms, pumps, peep toes, knee high boots, boots with the furrrrrrrr, you get it right? O and if the heels less than 2 inches, i don't want it. Sorry if that sounds snotty, but really I'M SHORT!!! I do a fair amount of walking and yes my feet do hurt at the end of the day, but I think back and say "damn i looked good", so all is well. Also, if you're like me and only wear heels, you may want to look into insoles and corn pads. Dr. Scholl is your friend!

and one more thing on heels~

WEDGES ARE FOR CHEATERS 
GTFO


if you can't walk on a real heel, stick to your flip- flops. If you're waddling next to me, I WILL push you into traffic.

5) Destroyed Denim


I LOVE LOVE LOVE destroyed denim, especially pants with bright or sparkly tights under! *swoons* But I'll be damned if I pay department store prices for jeans with holes in em! FUCK THAT! so i usually buyu a pair of jeans and wear them as is till I get tired of them then pull out the scissors and sandpaper!(and bleach every now and then) It's quite easy to customize clothes if you have the patience and skills. just look at Violet LeBeaux~ no joke, I've gotten many an idea from her blog =]


6) Gunmetal or Silver Jewelry


I have nothing against yellow gold, but I just feel like silver looks better with my skintone and fits better with my rock outfits! I do wear yellow gold but only if I'm wearing mostly earth tones. but any way, Silver jewlery is LOVE, my main piece of jewelry that I'm currently obsessing over is my Juicy Couture pave heart gunmetal charm necklace


this is my BABY


HOWEVER! I REALLY REALLLLLLLLY WANT the Juicy Couture Rock & Royalty necklace:


Isnt that Bananas????

 Dark silvertone link chains layer with strands of black beads, graced by a signature crown pendantwith “Juicy Couture” banner, bow topper and clear stones. 

drool

but those are my fashion staples~ What are yours? 



4 comments:

JadedScarlet said...

LOVE IT! Now I feel like I have to make my own, if for no other reason to make you laugh, lol.

And you know how I feel about Juicy, but O.M.G. that last necklace *DROOL*

Jeanette said...

Thats some great inspiration!
Love youre blog *thumbs up* :D

Mie said...

True that!!!! Heels are heaven sent.
No matter if your tall or short. Their glorious~

Stefanie said...

MawMaw would be so proud of you for not buying jeans with holes in them already- "Why in the hell would you spend extra money for jeans that are already worn out?!" she freaks out over that shit, lol.

And your flats- tennis shoes- ONLY for Falls of the Ohio adventures! I'll never forget that time where you were hopping around like some damn mountain goat in those high heeled boots there!

As for my fashion staples- definitely pearls :-) and a good bra!