Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Snooki & JWOWW


So I got new reading materials! 

I bought A Shore Thing & The Rules According to JWOWW Saturday! I was lookin for them at Borders since theyre goin out of business, but alas, they werent in the store. So i check online:

A Shore Thing: $25
Rules According to JWOWW: $20

not terrible prices. So I check the used books on Borders.com, they had a few copies of both in "good" condition for like $10-$15. Also not bad, BUT the used copies didnt come with dustcovers and probably had peoples dirty little fingerprints and what have you on em. Plus I wouldve had to pay for shipping or get the books shipped to a Borders here. But since the Borders closest to me is goin out of business, they wouldve had to ship them to the Borders on the other freakin side of town.

So that was a no frickin go. : / 

Amazon! they have good deals! Nope. Basically the same as Borders.

I JUST WANNA READ MY SHORE GIRLS BOOOKS!!!






So Im traipsing around the book section at Target with my sister, and what do I see?

A motherfuckin SHORE THING & The FREAKIN RULES ACCORDING TO JWOWW!!!

*run and grab*

I checked the prices on the books before I ended up sorely disappointed.

 A Shore Thing: $16.80
Rules According to JWOWW: $13.99

plus! They were 30% off!!!!!!

so I got A Shore Thing for $12
and
The Rules According to JWOWW for $10
and no shipping fees!!




ok~ so I've heard like 90% negative reviews of Snooki's book.
 I mean I really hope people didnt expect her book to be The Great Gatsby or something.

heres some reviews i got from Amazon, one 1 star the other 5 stars:


1.0 out of 5 stars Evolution Does Exist!January 9, 2011
By 
Golden Oldie (allentown, pa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Shore Thing (Hardcover)

This book---and I use the word loosely---once again proves what I've been telling people, ever since the television program first aired. "You don't believe in evolution? Just watch ten seconds of any episode---or read the first page of this terrible piece of moronic trash. And then tell me that Neanderthals don't still walk among us!" 
This book is an insult to anyone with a three digit IQ. It was obviously written in crayon on blue-lined notebook paper. 

The author writes: "A fart slipped out." Yep, this is literature, alright. Hemingway would be proud.



5.0 out of 5 stars It's no Jane AustenJanuary 5, 2011
This review is from: A Shore Thing (Kindle Edition)

I enjoyed! I mean I definitly did not pick this book expecting to be taught the value of life or anything. It was funny, it adds to the collection of Jersey trend that is out there. 

People are a little bit harsh, I'm sure it wasn't written to be an all-american classic. It's fun-loving.



5.0 out of 5 stars I honestly LOVED it.January 13, 2011
This review is from: A Shore Thing (Hardcover)
I see all the other reviews, and how people are saying they didn't like it, it was terrible etc etc, i personally LOVED it. After a few chapters I couldn't put it down! I agree it doesn't make sense 100% of the time, but it was a great read, it only took me 1 day to fly through this book simply because I couldn't put it down and I had to keep on reading. I personally live very close to Seaside Heights, and go down every summer, so I could relate to places and things mentioned in the book. I think she did a great job with it and I hope she comes out with a second book.

<3

I'm only about half way through it, but i love it. like no joke. But you have to remember that Ive read A LOT of "Celebrity" Books:





So I totally have a serious soft spot for books like this.

Just realize that these bitches are out for their money and

 I DONT BLAME EM.

Anyway~ 

The Rules According to JWOWW


Her book is basically a Girl Guide.

Sex tips, Exercise tips (which i will never use lol), Club tips and things like that.

I read it in about 2 hours or so. Absolutely loved it.

Jenni (lol like i know her personally or something) also has a lot of her own personal experiences in her book which helps you connect more w/ the situation.

so yeah.

books lol.

what are your thoughts on The Shore Girls books?


4 comments:

Heavy T. Skubbs said...

Hemingway might not like it but Joyce would be all up in Snooki's butt; gently kissing her farts.

Jade Love said...

Books I want!!
Loved the post!!!

Stefanie said...

When you get done reading all of the giryl celebrity books, remember I have Dave Navarro, Anthony Kiedis, and Marilyn Manson's autobiographies :-) I think you'd enjoy them all even though they are a bit different from your collection. I also have Keith Richards' too but I'm not done with that one, it's like a million pages.

bouncybrown said...

Haha! I got the Nicole Ritchie book for Christmas one year and read the whole thing.

I think reading in general is good for your brain, even if it's not serious literature.