Monday, June 13, 2011

KayWoww vs. AT&T

hey guys!

SO my cell phone service provider and I have been at each others throat for a few weeks now.

It actually got to the point where I had them cut my cell service.

I had planned on paying my phone bill on friday, so I had set up a one-time autopay. Well on Wednesday I checked my bank account to find that I had like $3 LESS than the amount due for my bill. 

Yeah, I couldve just let AT&T take the money out on friday and been $3 overdraft till I deposited my check right? No. My work schedule was set for Friday 6pm-close, so my bank wouldve been closed and I wouldve had to deposit my check on monday and deal with those stupid Overdraft fees.

So I called AT&T on wednessday to cancel the autopay; I told them that I would pay my bill on monday after i deposited my check, my bill would be past due, but nothing major. They told me that would be fine and removed the autopay. I got my associates name along with the date, time and confirmation number.

So fast forward to Friday. I wake up and check my bank account. 

I'm $98.18 OVERDRAFT.

-($98.18)

Motherfuckin AT&FuckinT

you have no idea how fast I called 611.

I talked to customer service who told me that I had to cancel an autopay 24 hours in advance in order for it to take effect. I told him the autopay was setup for Friday and I called on WEDNESDAY to cancel it. 48 hours in advance. I gave him the name and confirmation number and all that, and he was like  "We'll we've already taken the money out, but since the funds werent all there, we  had to charge you an additional $27 for a bounced payment." 

an additional $27 for a bounced payment

-_______-

REALLY NOW???

When he told me this,   I was LIVID. 



So i'm startin to get  a lil' attitude! I'm like so you took money out of my account, using an autopay feature that i cancelled 48 hours in advance vs 24, and then charging me and EXTRA $27 because the funds werent in my account, which is the reason why I cancelled the autopay in the first place? 

this dick says yes! YES!!!

I"m like well you guys fucked up, can I speak to a manger?

I get a manager and explain the situation. He tells me the SAME FUCKIN THING!

RAGE

So, I ask the manager if I can have the money put back into my account. He's like thats between you and your bank.

I hung up.

FUCK THOSE ASSHOLES

So I get dressed and run up to work to get my check so i can deposit it and not have to deal with overdraft fees.

I deposit $150 into my account. Which brings me up to $51.82. fuckin great. I SHOULDVE HAD $298.18 IN MY DAMN ACCOUNT!!!

UGH

So that incident totally fucked me. I had bills due! So i pay the bills that I can and call my credit companies and tell them the situation and get extensions on my payments.

Monday rolls around and ive got like $15 to my name... O well AT&T...you guys will get paid, when I get paid.

Around Wednesday, AT&T starts to call me about my past due bill, I basically tell em to fuck off and that they already took my money.

Then Friday i get paid again, deposit my check and see the AT&T  had put back the money they took, back into my account.

Good job.

I had planned to pay them that day.

But they had to go and fuck shit up.

They called me and told me about my bill again, but this time they said that they were gonna terminate my service for late payment.

EXCUSE ME

I, once again, explain to the customer service rep, what all had happened, and he had said, well, if we terminate your service and you plan to re-activate it, you'll be charged the $36 activation fee.

at this point my blood was boiling. So I say to him:

Cut my service then. I'll go to T-mobile.

and hung up.

So they cut my service.

BUT WAIT!!

THEN THESE ASSHOLES HAD THE NERVE TO EMAIL ME AND ASK ME TO COME BACK!

all the while I'm browsing the T-mobile site.

But in the end I ended up turning my AT&T service back on..only because my Blackberry Torch is the best Blackberry  on the market.....Till the fuckin Bold Touch/9900 comes out in like 3 months.

Plus I like my rollover minutes.

O! and i didnt have to pay any fuckin fees. 

WINNING!!!


4 comments:

Chaudie said...

Wow... looks like I should go to verizon with my iphone service.

Tomo Lovejewel said...

LMAO KIARA! THIS WAS THE BEST BLOG ENTRY I HAVE EVER READ!!!! KLJDFGLKJDKGJDLJLJGLD XD you need to go to tmobile no lie!! ik you love your black berry though lolol but srsly think about it! i only pay $80 a month!!!! =D

Stefanie Harper said...

Next time this happens, let my mom call and bitch them out! You'll get a new phone, a few months free and they might just have to come over and make you dinner for a few weeks. For real. Woman's a beast at this stuff!! She's gotten the premium channels on the TV this way on several occasions.

Albeetenshi said...

First let me say, I really like your blog! Secondly, this was just too much! lol Like I can't seriously believe how stupid and ignorant some of these phone company people are. That is tragic. But you made me laugh out loud, that was too funny. I'm glad it got worked out in the end for you though. :)