Friday, June 3, 2011

Rolling Razor

hello there. Please be prepared for a blog full of cosmetology jargon. im sorry, and ill be sure to put definitions.


I’m here because I’m smart, not because I’m young and gorgeous…although I am!
Judge Judy



Ok! Hai guys! So today   we're gonna compare cosmetology school to "regular college".


Are they the same, no. do you work JUST as hard, FUCK YES.


click to enlarge
You have no idea how mad this made me.

So youre sayin that my license isnt as good as your degree?





HOW DARE YOU!

while i may not have to go to school for 4+ years, my license is still fuckin valid! i pay tuition the same as you do! my $17,000 is just as good as your $40,000.

however, all of my shit is included: my books, my shears, my clippers, my combs, all that shit!

ok so mr. engineer, mr. lawyer, mr. doctor, mr.neurosurgeon

do you know how to:
  • side slice?
  • razor taper?
  • do a savage  cut?
  • what makes red hair red?
  • what the natural  hair color level of most celtic hair is?


I BET YOU FUCKIN DONT.

answers:

Side Slice: hold a large section of hair between your index and middle fingers (or a camb)
with the razor held vertically slide the tip back and  forth across the ends.

Razor Taper: Use the tip of the razor and cut small intermittent (alternating) strands of hair half an inch away from the scalp.

Savage Cut: divide the back of the head into 2 sections. use diagonal partings that gradyally become horizontal to conform to the head. 
begin a  diagonal back baseline from the nose to blend w/ the length established in the back. cut using diagonal partings.
shift the hair in front 1/3 to the baseline to create layers and longer length.

repeat on the other side.

create reverse positive  elevation by establishing a 6' guide at the crown. cut the top guide anti-head, getting slightly longer at the face.

Repeat.
divide the back of  th e head into 3 panels.  cut the center panel  using a small section of previously cut hair from the top as a guide. bring all  hair up and use a squeezing technique.

cut the side back panels in the same manner.

Blend the layering in the front of the head and the cener back panel.

check and blend all lengths and layering in the front.

check entire head.

Done.

red hair is red because of Pheomelanin

most celtic hair is naturallyin the 4  to 7 level range.the more you lift this the more gold and orange tones you will see

I know my shit.

 (granted yes i did use my book for that step-by-step of the savage cut and how to spell "Pheomelanin")

cosmetology is no fuckin joke.

and i dont appreciate when people say that I'm not learning anything "practical" or "life skills"

UM THIS IS MY JOB

thats pretty fuckin practical  to me!

I had to learn chemistry and anatomy, maybe not the way a surgeon would, but goddammnit if i mix shit wrong you can bet that nothing good can come from it!

I have to know about diseases of the skin.

you ever seen Onychogryphosis??????
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

LOOK AT IT!!!!!!!


shits gross.

I cant treat that. Id have to send you to a doctor.

ima throw in a few questions from my state exam book.




*The elements that makeup the amino acids in hair are carbon,nitrogen, hydrogen,:

 a)sulfur and chlorine b) copper and oxygen c) oxygen and sulfur, d) oyxgen and sodium

*The bonds that account for the strength and elasticity of the hair are the:  

a)side bonds b) peptide bonds c) polypeptide bonds d) end bonds

*A disulfide bond joins the ____ atoms of two neighboring cysteine amino acids to create cystine

a) carbon b) hydrogen c) nitrogen d) sulfur

* A classic A-line bob is cut with a:

a) high elevation b) diagonal cutting line c) vertical cutting line d) 90-degree elevation

*if you use an oxidizing haircolor on  hair that has  been treated with metallic dye, the:

a) the  result will look artificial b) the color will be more effectively c) the hair will swell and smoke d)  result will look more natural

*Bromhidrosis means:
a) excess sebum  b) lack of sebum c) foul-smelling perspiration d) lack of perspiration


so tell me that I'm not in college now.






 





1 comment:

Stefanie Harper said...

People just need to let other people be happy with what they're doing with their lives regardless of what that is. Being happy is the most important thing.

Also- you mention taking state exams. Very few colleges make you take any exams that can make or break you despite all of your schooling. Personally- at the end of my bachelor's program, we had to take a huge exam in the same format as the one you posted above. But unless you are at a doctorate level or getting a certain certification at a master's level, you really don't have to take any kind of test like that. Hence all of the people who get actual degrees but are still dumb as hell.

By the way- just to brag- I was the only one in my class who passed exams on the first fucking time! Wooooo lol. I'm still pretty proud of that, considering I didn't study.